1/31/2005

sheep in wolves clothing

We hold contempt and disdain for those who attempt to steal part of the glory of something popular by creating a cheap knockoff. I think the first things my friends will think of are ccm, christian t-shirts (our god is just like a generic version of the mammoncorp you serve... and may he be glorified in this copyright infringement), and maybe reality tv (you get no caps from me, not that kind anyway). I know that we here at school enjoy bashing these and many other insipid things, but hold your vomit till the end, please. Here we have chugging water shots, beating guys with boards, throwing people into lakes... lameness. sad. pathetic.

No doubt I will think of other lame cultural ripoffs shortly, but for now the Peer Pressure Slut award goes to the guy who decided to "streak with a Speedo". You attempted to glorify yourself by streaking, and seem to somehow think that's ok, yet you lacked the nads to actually do it - you saw the need to cover both your face and that which defines "streaking". You took off your clothes for money. You sold your dignity for $27.

I don't know who it was, and I prefer not to. I don't think I would personally hold it against them in a general sense, but the action and similar childish thinking on campus disgust me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leeann said...

I don't know if you're at all familiar with a bandcalled everybodyduck, but they were a great Christian band in the southwest in the 90s and they did a song called "Sheep in Wolves' Clothing"... Cause now we got sheep/dressed up in wolves' clothing/ chic lookin' sheep/ but someone needs to sound the warning/ cause they're blenin' in so well that they've forgotten who they are/ can't see the leading of the shephard/ cause they've wandered off so far/ in a world that needs the truth it's time to stick out in the crowd/ no compromise no wolf disguise no whimps allowed.
Not the most deep theological song ever (that would be Caedmon's Call's department), but I thought it pertinent enough to share.

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home